Friday, February 22, 2013

Worry--it surrounds me!

Worry--I'm not sure where it comes
from but it has always been
a trait that I carry!

And yet I have a greater promise.....this I know.
Jeremiah 29 11-13 say:
11.  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

But worry still creeps in and sometimes,
almost swallows me.

I worry for these sweet babes.




 
Lately for my Sweet baby Gideon.
(pictued above)
I think the Lord has most definitely blessed us with him
(I should clarify that I am
greatly blessed with all 4 of my kids
not one more than the other)
and his heart condition.

When he was born the doctors told us he had a murmur.
If it didn't clear up the pediatrician would need
to refer him to pediatric cardiology.

Which he did.
We go to Mott's--Pediatric Cardiology.

At 2 weeks old we were doing echos and ekgs
and 4 or 5 different students
would come in to listen
so they could learn what
aortic stenosis is/how the heart
sounds with this condition.

After numerous appointments
at 11 months my sweet boy
Gideon had a heart cath/
valvoplasty in hopes that

This is him after his first heart cath/valvoplasty.
this would make a significant
change to the restricted blood flow.
It has not.....and this year we will
be doing another "intervention."
With much hope for success.
However, to look at this child, he by no means suffers
and his condition could be so much worse!

I tell you all to say this--
In this.....I find that I worry less.
That I believe the Lord has been using this
to teach me to trust HIM.
That no matter what HE holds my baby Gideon
in his hands....but not just Gideon...
HE holds me there too!

Cathy


No comments: