Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Hungry Games

I've been trying to think of a clever little name for this
series I want to do about me losing weight!

This of course was inspired by my ever talented SIL (find
her here)!  We were talking last Sunday about how I need
to find purpose for my blog.  And of course she said you could
write about your weight loss journey.
With tips and recipes on how you are doing it.

Funny thing is--in 2006 I took a new job at an OB/GYN office
doing medical billing and thought since I'm not having any more
babies (I had 2 at this time.....now I have 4) I thought this
would be a good time for me to lose some weight and blog about it.
I thought this blog could be a "private journal" for me to jot
down all my feelings/struggles.  So I created this little space as a
"private" blog and of course never did anything with it.

But now since I took the Plunge I'm going to go ahead and blog about it.

And with media images....who wouldn't want to look like this:
 




I wouldn't mind at all....and I'm pretty sure neither would the husband!

So it begins....my series of "the Hungry Games" not to be confused with the
trilogy....although if it keeps your interest....be confused, be very confused!

So here are a few things I've learned so far since 4 weeks ago when my
journey began!

1. The food can be very dangerous! 
What I mean by this is.....set your limits...have a game plan....don't
let food control you!
For me this is prepping my foods on Sundays before the work week
even begins!  It has helped me say NO to different food situations
at work.......especially on valentines day!





I did have some fruit....but NO chocolate!  Success number 1...saying no :)

2.  It's always good to have a partner!
For me this translates as....WEIGHT WATCHERS!

So far this love interest seems to be working!!  I've lost
8 pounds in 4 weeks.  Partnering with a person or a plan is
sometimes your best option and can get you to the end result.

I know its just the beginning for me--but hey so far so good!

3.  Do what works for you!
If WW isn't for you and you have a smart phone find yourself
and app that works!

What I mean is don't choose a plan or partner that's going to
immediately set you up for failure.  That's what I've always done
and believe you me I've always got the same results....no weight loss!

So stay tuned for next week's installment of this new series where
I hope to talk about more weight loss for me and tidbits on what's
worked so far for me.

Also if you are considering improving your health or have already done so
I'd love to have your input!

A little less hungry,
Cathy


1 comment:

Kelly said...

How exciting...'The Hungry Games', that has a nice ring to it :) It's a game you can totally win...You can do it. Love you!