Sunday, July 3, 2016

Getting Started--the Beginning was Nearly the End!

We've all probably heard the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".....I'm not really a believer in that.....but it does do something hopefully....and that is--hopefully it teaches you something!  I say all that to say this....beginnings are rough and well sometimes you may feel like you are going to die in the process...but in the end....I've learned what works for us!

So....the camping version of this....THE BEGINNING....

First you must go find yourself a crazy person and marry them.....be sure they are crazy in such a way they plan to drag you and whatever number of children you intend to have across AMERICA!
This is my crazy person!

Just so you all know we had 2 children....1 girl--2 yo and 1 boy--9 mo when we started this journey.  No future babies to be had....so I thought.  Now we have 4 and well....it's pretty fun, a ton of work, the kids love it and well most of all....memorable!  

Second step....buy yourself a camper.  NOT a nice luxurious camper--nope not us....only the smallest pop-up on the face of the earth will do.


Only Camper pic I could find on my phone...

Anyway....once you have your camper picked out....begin the planning.  Like...where to camp first!

Our first camping trip was to a little place 6 hours south of us in Indiana.  When we arrived....it was a down pour!  Nothing like a ton of rain to set up camp in for the first time!  Needless to say this is the part where I thought camping would kill me.  I was drenched....had two small kids....it was miserable.  I promised to never camp again as--I hated it!  However, my husband still drags me along.  

After years of camping....I've kind of got a system down.  But the beginning was rough!  I've learned quite a bit a long the way.  I'll share more of that in my next post as this one....well it's getting kind of long.  

So....I will leave you with a few pics of our journeys:

New Jersey shoreline
New York City

Up close and in person....Lady Liberty....Amazing!

Wishing you all a Happy 4th of July!
Cathy

No comments: